Tanmay Bhat Age, Weight, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography
Tanmay Bhat is a self-made Indian standup comedian and scriptwriter who later on went on to become a popular YouTuber and actor. He is co-founder of All India Bakchod (AIB).
Who is Tanmay Bhat?
Tanmay Bhat (born: June 23, 1987) is a famous Indian Comedian, Youtuber, Writer, Producer & entrepreneur, who hails from Mumbai, Maharashtra. He is commonly known for doing Stand-up comedy & being a Youtuber. His nickname is Golu.
Tanmay Bhat is known as one of the renowned comedians of India. His Company – AIB (All India Bakchod) is a very successful media company of that time. Later, he shut that down and started his youtube career which brings him huge success and identity over social media.
Through this article, you will know Tanmay Bhat Biography, Lifestyle, Girlfriend, AIB, College, family, Net worth, House, Cars, Family, Interesting facts, wife, Biodata, Wikipedia & much more.
For most people, the rise to fame doesn’t happen in just a day, a week or even a year. One has to put in loads of hard work and be extremely talented to be recognized, and Tanmay Bhat is one such person who is here to stay! His major breakthrough happened in the year 2009, when he won a national comic hunt launched by the ace comedian, Vir Das, called, ‘Weirdass Ham-ateur Night’ held in Mumbai. He went on to join their comedy writing team, ‘Weirdass Comedy’ and also opened for VirDas’ popular show, ‘Walking on Broken Das.’ This was just the beginning of his career and he soon became a name to reckon with in the standup comedy world. The rest, as they say, is history.
|Profession||famous Indian Comedian, Youtuber, Writer, Producer & entrepreneur|
|Got fame from||for doing Stand-up comedy & being Youtuber|
- Although Tanmay Bhat got his first major opportunity when he won the national comic hunt, ‘Weirdass Ham-ateur Hunt’ in 2009, Tanmay’s first brush with standup comedy happened when he was still in school, 7th grade to be exact. At a function in his apartment, he managed to convince the organizers to let him take the stage for five minutes. Once Tanmay got comfortable, he went on to captivate the audience for 20 minutes straight and was rewarded with their peals of laughter! That was when he realized his calling as a comedian.
- A few years after making his official debut in 2009, he became the co-founder of India’s first comedy podcast, ‘All India Bakchod,’ popularly known as AIB, in the year 2012. He was one of the first Indian comedians to be featured at the Comedy Store in Soho, London. The show, titled ‘Local Heroes,’ featured an all-Indian comedian line-up including Tanmay and three other comedians. To his immense delight, Tanmay was named as one of the, ‘Top 10 Comics’ by ‘The Times of India’ recently. He has also performed in collaboration with artists from the UK in ‘The Best Standup Event.’ He is a part of ‘Cardinal Bengans,’ an international troupe of theater artists and comedians. He has also featured in cameo roles in Bollywood movies such as ‘Ragini MMS 2’ and ‘Mr. X.’
- He debuted as a stand-up comedian in 2009. He was one of the first four comedians to be featured at the Comedy Store Mumbai’s first all-Indian comedian lineup, titled Local Heroes.
And soon thereafter he performed alongside comics from Nepal in a Best In Stand Up event.
- Tanmay is the co-founder of India’s first comedy podcast with All India Bakchod (AIB), along with Gursimran Khamba. AIB’s honest series was very successful.
- But the company was shut down due to no profit.
- His best-known contribution to Indian Comedy includes Sachin Tendulkar vs Lata Mangeshkar faceoff, which was a vine-based comedy.
Family & Relationship
Tanmay Bhat was born into a middle-class Punjabi family. His father Arun Bhat is a businessman by profession and his mother Jaya Bhat is a Bank manager. he has 1 sister as well.
|Father||Arun Bhat, Businessman|
|Mother||Jaya Bhat, Bank Manager|
|Sister||Not publicly avail|
|Girlfriend||Rega Jha, editor in chief of Buzzfeed India|
- He was Judge in the first season of Comicstaan, a comedy show aired on Amazon Prime. But, he replaced in the second season due to the controversy of AIB, where several FIR filed against him for using abuse words for many people around.
- An FIR is lodged against him for making a funny video mimicking singer Lata Mangeshkar & cricketer Sachin Tendulkar on snapchat.
- He was criticized by the people and received dead threat for sharing meme on prime minister Narendra Modi.
Tanmay Bhat is 6 ft 3 inches (1.78 m; in meter;) tall and weighs over 85 Kg (187 lbs;). He wear glasses and weighs more than usual.
He did go through GYM training from Ranveer Allahbadia and lost over 100 Kg.
According to Ranveer,
- He went on a gradual caloric deficit. Cut calories VERY gradually – cut about 200/day every week. Example: Week 1- 3000/day. Week 2 – 2800/day. Week 3 – 2600/day. You should NEVER crash diet unless you want to lose muscle.
- Went on a high protein diet (backed by heavy amounts of hydration). He’s 6’3 and was consuming between 180-220 grams of protein every day. Overweight people can build muscle even in a caloric deficit — IF they eat a lot of protein. Burn fat + build muscle together.
- Lifted like a beast — Deadlifts, squats, bench presses, overhead presses. It’s amazing what heavy lifting can do for a human being’s body. Unfortunately, India still believes that weight training is unhealthy. This man is a living, breathing example of the power of weights.
|Weight||In Kilogram – 85 kg
In Pounds – 187 lbs
|Height||In Centimeter – 177 cm
In Meter – 1.77 m
In feet Inches – 5’10’
He has 4 youtube channels which are as follow
|Tanmay Bhat||Roasting & Reviews|
|Honestly by Tanmay Bhat||Educational – Stocks/investments|
|Superpumped||Motivation & Interviews|
|AIB (All India Bakch*d)||Comedy|
Tanmay Bhat’s net worth is about $5 Million- $8 Million in 2021-2022. He earns money through brand endorsements, events and as a producer.
Favourite things & Facts
- Tanmay’s favourite comedian is Russell Peters.
- His favourite food Junk food.
- He has a dog.
- He has performed for corporate giants like Times of India, BBC, Vodafone, British Airways, Tribal Fusion, and Audi.
- He did opening stand-up acts for Vir Das on his Walking On Broken Das Tour.
- He is also a part of Weirdass Comedy, a comedy company that writes and performs comedy acts.
Tanmay Bhat Interesting facts
- In his school time, he dreamed of becoming a marine engineer. But his passion and destiny pull off him towards a career in comedy.
- Initially, he was working with actor & comedian Vir Das as a writer and performing standup acts in his comedy tour in different cities across the world.
- He was the co-founder of one of India’s best creative and entertainment company AIB (All India bakch*d) along with his friend Gursimran Khamba, Rohan Joshi, and Ashish Shakya.
- He debuted his career as a writer with the UTV Bindass show Hass Ley India.
- His Inspiration for becoming a YouTuber is famous YouTuber Pewdiepie.
- After the whole AIB controversy, he had gone into depression for almost 1 year and after that, he started his YouTube channel where he makes roasting video, do gaming Livestream and makes videos on personal finance.
- He writes several Tv & award shows including Disney India’s daily comedies Kya Mast Hai Life, and Oye! It’s Friday!, Filmfare, Star Parivaar Awards, Balaji Awards, Big TV Awards, and Stardust Awards.
- He lived in a rented flat in Mumbai.
- Tanmay owns a Santro car for traveling across Mumbai.
- He wrote the funny Cred app advertise, The Rahul Dravid version of the Cred app ad of him is very popular.
- He regularly did charity streams on his youtube channel along with his friend Kaneez Surka, Carryminati, Rohan Joshi, Bhuvan Bam, etc. He did an 8-hour long gaming stream and donate the amount for the Covid-19 patient’s treatment.
- Tanmay Bhat endorsed several popular brands such as Taco Bell India, Acko Insurance, Mama Earth, etc.
- His most popular video is Collab with Carryminati in a college event which hits 13+ millions views.