Sudha Murthy was born on 19th August 1950. She is a writer and an active Indian social worker. She leads the NGO, Infosys Foundation and she is also a jury of Public Health Care Initiatives of the Gates Foundation.
Sudha Murthy Complete Bio & Career
Sudha Murthy completed her degree in Engineering from, Hubli. She came first in Karnataka. This feat was rewarded with a gold medal from the CM of Karnataka. In in1974, she finished her Post Graduation in Computer Science from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. There too she came first and thus received a gold medal from the Indian Institute of Engineers.
Sudha Murthy was indeed the first woman engineer to be selected in Tata Motors, Pune. She also wrote a letter to company’s chairperson, JRD Tata, complaining about the gender partiality in Tata Motors. She lived in Pune for 7 years, after which she relocated to Mumbai. It was her savings of INR 10,000 that contributed to the establishment of Infosys; N.R. Narayana Murthy always mentions this fact with proud, whenever he is asked about how he laid the foundation of Infosys. She is someone who has never taken credit of anything and has lent a helping hand in not just shaping her husband's career but also her kid's career as well.
She is a great philanthropist, she has started a move to supply all government schools in Karnataka with provisioning of computer and library. She is also a great writer. Mrs. Murthy has penned down various stories, which deal with general lives and her thoughts on charity. She has donated genorously and has built numerous public toilets in Bangalore.
Honours & Awards
Sudha Murthy Family, Relatives and Other Relations
She was born to R.H. Kulkarni and Vimala Kulkarni. She has one brother named Shrinivas Kulkarni and one sister named Jaishree Deshpande. She is married to N. R. Narayana Murthy. The couple together has one son named Rohan Murty and a daughter named Akshata Murty. British politician Rishi Shaunik is her son in law.
Life's Important Dates Of Sudha Murthy
- August 20 N. R. Narayana Murthy's Birthday (Husband)
- October 4 Shrinivas Kulkarni's Birthday (Brother)
||Salt & Pepper
||Shiggaon , Karnataka
||Bangalore, Karnataka, India
||B.V.B. College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli
||Writing and Travelling
||INR 800 Crores
||BMW 7 Series
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Sudha Murthy
- She was the only female among 150 students, she had paper aeroplanes thrown at her and ink spilled on her chair by the boys. But she was unperturbed as she had a bigger goal in place.
- She was the first female engineer appointed at Telco.
- She and her husband's family equally shared the wedding expenses that came around Rs. 800.
- She works for Infosys Foundation visiting rural areas in India by spending nearly 20 days in a month.
- She has been felicitated with R.K. Narayan Award for Literature and Padma Shri by the government of India.