Madhubala Biography, Age, Death, Husband, Children, Family, Caste, Wiki & More
Madhubala was an Indian actress, producer and philanthropist, known for playing unconventional roles of independent characters.
Madhubala was born on 14 February 1933, Delhi, British India. She was an Indian Film Actress who was known for her work in Hindi and Malayalam Cinema. Her birth name is Begum Mumtaz Jehan Dehlavi. She was given the nickname Venus Queen.
Madhubala Complete Bio & Career
Health Issues, Illness and Death Info
Madhubala died on 23-02-1969 in Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra, India at the age of 36. Unfortunately, she was tormented by tenacious heart disease that limited her to a bed for almost nine agonizing years, and finally consumed her life on 23rd February 1969, just nine days after she turned 36. In this brief life, she had acted in over 70 movies, and to this day remains one of the most sought after legends of Indian cinema.
|DEATHDAY||DEATH PLACE||DEATH COUNTRY|
|23 February 1969 (Sunday)||Mumbai, Maharashtra||India|
Madhubala Family, Relatives, and Other Relations
She was born to Attaullah Khan & Begum Ayeesha. She had ten siblings including actress Chanchal & playback singer Madhur Bhushan. She was proposed for marriage by Pradeep Kumar, Bharat Bhushan, and Kishore Kumar. She finally married Kishore Kumar in the year 1960, who converted to Islam just to marry her. After nine years of marriage, she died in 1969.
Life's Important Dates Of Madhubala
- August 4 Kishore Kumar's Birthday (Husband)
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Address||Carter's Road, Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||Bollywood Film (as a child artist) - Basant (1942)
Bollywood Film (as an adult) - Neel Kamal (1947)
Bollywood Film (as a Producer) - Naata (1955)
|Best Movies||Mahal (1949), Mughal-e-Azam (1960), Mr. & Mrs. '55 (1955), Barsaat Ki Raat (1960), and Neel Kamal (1947) among many others|
|Best Friends||Dilip Kumar, Kishore Kumar|
|Active Year||1942 to 1971|
|Last Film||Jwala (1971)|
|Reason of Death||Hole in the Heart (a disease called, Ventricular Septal Defect)|
|Favorite Color||Red, Black|
|Favorite Politician||Jawaharlal Nehru|
|Favorite Actress||Devika Rani|
|Favorite Actor||Dilip Kumar , Guru Dutt|
|Favorite Singer||Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar|
|Favorite Dress||Saree, Paint Shirt|
|Favorite Food||Chicken Biryani|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Madhubala
- Her pairing with legendary actor Dilip Kumar was very famous during the decade of the 1950s.
- She sent a love letter in Urdu along with a rose to Dilip Kumar on the sets of the film Tarana in the year 1951.
- Since her father had objections to her doing intimate scenes, director K. Asif sent her assistant to take her father out and play rummy with him and keep losing until the scenes are shot.
- Her 1950 film Hanste Aansoo was the first-ever Hindi film to get an "A" meaning adults-only rating from the Central Board of Film Certification.
- The digitally colorized version of her top famous film Mughal-e-Azam was released after 35 years of her death.
- On 10-08-2017, a statue of Anarkali (Madhubala's famous courtesan) was established in Madame Tussauds, a Wax Museum.
- In 2018, a belated obituary was published for her by the New York Times.
- On her 86th birthday i.e. 14-02-2019, Google honored her with a doodle.