Kalpana Chawla (Astronaut) Biography, Age, Death, Husband, Family, Facts, Wiki & More
Kalpana Chawla was born on 17-03-1962 in Karnal in the state of Haryana, India. She was an Indian-born American Astronaut, Engineer & Scientist who is known as India's first woman to go to space.
Kalpana Chawla Complete Bio & Career
Kalpana Chawla's Health Issues, Illness, and Death Info
Kalpana Chawla died on 01-02-2003 in Texas, United States. The space shuttle disintegrated while re-entry into the atmosphere of Earth and she died along with seven crew members in the US Space Shuttle Columbia disaster just landing before 16 minutes.
|DEATHDAY||DEATH PLACE||DEATH COUNTRY|
|1 February 2003 (Monday)||Texas||United States|
Kalpana Chawla Family, Relatives, and Other Relations
Life's Important Dates Of Kalpana Chawla
- December 2, 1983, Kalpana Chawla & Jean-Pierre Harrison tied the knot on 02-12-1983.
Kalpana Chawla's Body Measurements
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Kalpana Chawla's Personal Info
|Home Town||Karnal, Haryana, India|
|Address||Texas, United States|
|School||Tagore Baal Niketan Sr. Sec. School, Karnal|
|College||Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington
University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder
|Qualification||Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Playing Badminton & Reading Poetry|
|Debut||1988 - She joined NASA
19-11-1997 - First Space Mission (10.4 Million Miles in 372 hours)
Kalpana Chawla's Favourites
|Favorite Place||New York City|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Kalpana Chawla
- Kalpana Chawla is an American astronaut engineer and the first woman from India who went to space.
- She died on 1 February 2003 when she came back from a space mission by Space Shuttle Columbia which was crashed when entered the earth's surface. In this accident, Kalpana and her seven crew members died.
- Ms. Chawla loved to write poetry and dancing during her school days.
- The astronaut spent 31 days in space with her crewmates.
- She is the wife of Mr. Jean-Pierre Harrison.