Ian Somerhalder Height, Weight, Age, Affairs & More
Ian Somerholder is an American actor who gained a massive fan following due to his role of a hunky vampire, Damon Salvatore, in the hit American series ‘Vampire Diaries’.
Ian Somerhalder was born on 08-12-1978 in Covington in the state of Louisiana, United States. He is an American Film Actor, Television Actor, Model, Television Director & Philanthropist who is best known for his work in Hollywood cinema.
He was raised in the small southern town of Covington, Louisiana.
- Ian Somerhalder is an American actor who gained a massive fan following due to his role of a hunky vampire, Damon Salvatore, in the hit American series ‘Vampire Diaries’.
- The blue-eyed heartthrob has appeared in many movies and TV shows and is one of the most popular American actors across the world. He started out as a model and has worked with renowned brands like Gucci and Versace as a supermodel prior to his film and TV career.
- He appeared as Boon Carlyle in ‘Dawson’s Creek’, and it proved to be the much-needed breakthrough for his acting career. He hasn’t looked back ever since. He appeared in the long-running survival drama ‘Lost’, which gained him a cult following.
- His godly looks made him popular among women of all ages. Ian kick-started his film career with the 2009 film ‘The Tournament’ and has appeared in quite a dozen films ever since. Also a philanthropist, Ian actively participates in social campaigns. Ian is an environmentalist and has expressed deep concern about the constantly changing environment and the loss of the natural habitat of wildlife. The Ian Somerhalder foundation works towards spreading awareness about the environment.
He is best known for his role in the famous supernatural drama The Vampire Diaries series alongside Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley. Ian Somerhalder also appeared in the TV drama Lost with co-stars Josh Holloway, Jorge Garcia, and Yunjin Kim.
Rise to Fame & Career
Ian Somerhalder went to St. Paul's School, a private Catholic school in Covington. From the age of 10, he became a model, supported by his mother, who regularly takes him to New York.
After a short break to devote himself to his studies, he seizes an opportunity that presents itself to him, allowing him to travel all over Europe He poses for the greatest such as Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, and Versace.
He earned name and fame as a supermodel and walked the ramp for some of the best designers working at that time.
His glorious run as a model continued until he bagged the role of Hamilton Fleming in a spin-off series of ‘Dawson’s Creek’ titled ‘Young Americans’. The series was short-lived and was largely unsuccessful. But Ian’s talent didn’t go unnoticed and soon after it was over, he appeared as a bisexual character Paul Denton in Roger Avary’s ‘The Rules of Attraction.
In the summer of 2000, Ian Somerhalder played in the ephemeral Young Americans series, a spin-off of the Dawson series, which did not meet his audience. In 2002, he played the role of a bisexual in the film The Rules of Attraction, alongside Jessica Biel and James Van Der Beek, which allows him get noticed In 2004, at the age of 26, Ian Somerhalder got his first big role, that of Boone Carlyle in the drama series Lost: The Disappeared.
|Daughter||Bodhi Soleil Reed Somerha...|
As far as Ian Somerhalder’s achievements such as Awards and Nominations are concerned, there’s a whole big list of them. Since Ian is one of the most talented and famous Hollywood personalities. Hence, take a look at the glimpse of this successful The Vampire Diaries actor below.
- In 2002, Ian won Young Hollywood Awards for the category “Exciting New Face – Male.”
- In 2006, he won Screen Actors Guild Award for the category “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series”, for his work in Lost (with the cast).
- Ian Somerhalder won consecutively two awards in 2010, the Young Hollywood Awards category “Cast to Watch (with Paul Wesley and Nina Dobrev)” and Teen Choice Awards category “Choice TV Villain”, for his role in The Vampire Diaries.
- In 2011, he won another Teen Choice Awards category “Choice TV Actor Fantasy/Sci-Fi” for The Vampire Diaries.
- In 2012 and 2014, Ian Somerhalder won Teen Choice Awards for the category “Choice TV Actor Fantasy/Sci-Fi” and “Choice Male Hottie” respectively, for his contribution to The Vampire Diaries.
- In 2012, He also won Fright Night Awards category “Favorite Male TV/Movie Vampire.”
- In 2014, Somerhalder won Young Hollywood Awards, “Best Threesome (with Paul Wesley and Nina Dobrev)” in The Vampire Diaries.
- Ian Somerhalder won the People’s Choice Awards, category “Favorite TV Duo (with Nina Dobrev)” in 2015 for The Vampire Diaries.
- In 2015, he won Teen Choice Awards, “Choice TV: Liplock (with Nina Dobrev)” again for The Vampire Diaries.
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
Ian Somerhalder Movies
1. Life as a House (2001)
2. The Rules of Attraction (2002)
(Comedy, Drama, Romance)
3. Celebrity (1998)
4. The Tournament (2009)
5. In Enemy Hands (2004)
(Action, Drama, Thriller, War)
6. Wake (2009)
(Romance, Drama, Comedy)
7. The Anomaly (2014)
(Sci-Fi, Thriller, Action)
8. Pulse (2006)
(Sci-Fi, Thriller, Horror)
9. How to Make Love to a Woman (2010)
10. TV: The Movie (2006)
|Favorite Color||Blue, Red, Yellow|
|Favorite Actor||Sean Penn|
|Favorite Movie||The Graduate (1967)|
|Favorite Song||15 Step (Radiohead)|
|Favorite Accessories||Fedora Hat, Sunglasses|
|Favorite TV Program||Lost (2004) & The Vampire Diaries (2009)|
|Favorite Book||Fifty Shades Of Grey (E. L. James)|
Ian Somerhalder Education
|School||St. Paul's School, Covington, Louisiana|