Hulk Hogan - Age, Career & Facts - Biography
Hulk is an American actor and former wrestler known to the public as Hulk Hogan. . He is an American professional wrestler, musician, actor, television personality, and entrepreneur.
Hulk Hogan Biography
Terry Gene Bollea born on 11th August 1953 in Georgia, US is better known by his ring name ‘Hulk Hogan’ is an American Wrestler, Actor, Television Personality, Entrepreneur and a Musician
The wrestler can be easily recognized by his large frame, long white hair, handlebar mustache, and trademark feather boas. Growing up, he was an aspiring musician and a baseball player but later chose wrestling as his forte.
He received his training from the famous trainer Hiro Matsuda; on the first day of training, Matsuda broke Hulk Hogan’s leg. Hogan returned as soon as his leg healed and in doing so, earned the respect and admiration of the coach.
Upon joining WWF, Vince McMahon wanted his character to be a red-haired Irish wrestler and wanted him to dye his blonde hair, to which Hogan refused. Eventually, he became very popular and garnered a huge fan following who he referred to as Hulkamaniacs.
He also became famous for his four "commandments": training, saying prayers, eating vitamins, and believing in oneself. His career got a big boost early on when he appeared alongside Sylvester Stallone in Rocky III.
|Other Name:||Terrence Gene Bollea, Hollywood Hogan, Mr. America, Terry Boulder|
|Other Professions:||Film Actor, Television Actor, Musician, Entrepreneur, Writer, Businessperson, Video Game Artist, Voice Artist, Record Producer, Singer, Autobiography|
Hogan won his first wrestling championship defeating Bob Roop for the NWA Southeastern Heavyweight Championship in 1979. In the same year, Vincent McMahon gave him an opportunity to join WWF, and in his first match, where he defeated Harry Valdez. He participated in the first nine editions of WWF’s leading event, WrestleMania. He started referring his fans to as “Hulkamaniacs” in his interviews.
Hogan has had a legendary career in professional wrestling where he is a six-time WWF/E (Undisputed) World Heavyweight Champion, six-time WCW Champion, and became the first wrestler to win consecutive Royal Rumble matches in 1990 and 1991. Hogan also performed for the American Wrestling Association (AWA), New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW), and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA).
- He was born on August 11, 1953, in Augusta, Georgia, USA, to Pietro Bollea, a construction foreman, and Ruth V, a dance teacher. The family moved to Port Tampa, Florida, when he was quite young.
- He pitched in the ‘Little League Baseball’ in his childhood, but an injury ended a probable baseball career. He also played fretless bass guitar for nearly a decade for Florida-based rock bands.
- He attended the Hillsborough Community College and the University of South Florida from where he dropped out to focus on music. He formed the band Ruckus in 1976 with a couple of other musicians.
- He began watching professional wrestling at the age of 16. Hogan spent a decade playing fretless bass guitar in several Florida-based rock bands. He persuaded his studies from Hillsborough Community College and the University of South Florida.
- A lot of wrestling competitions were organized around Florida; wrestlers would head to the bars in Florida where Ruckus performed. Jack and Gerald Brisco, brothers and tag team partners, noticed Hogan and were impressed by his physique.
- Motivated by the Brisco brothers, Hogan started training under Hiro Matsuda, who was known for training wrestlers for ‘Championship Wrestling from Florida’ (CWF).
|Home Town||Augusta, Georgia|
|Address||Clearwater, Florida, United States
Beverly Hills, California, United States
|College||Hillsborough Community College, Plant City, Florida
University of South Florida, Tampa
|Qualification||College Drop Out|
|Hobbies||Traveling and Driving|
|Debut||WWF - vs Harry Valdez in 1979
Film - Rocky III (1982)
TV Show - The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson (1982)
|Best Movies||Rocky III (1982), No Holds Barred (1989), Suburban Commando (1991), and Mr. Nanny (1993) among others|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
Hulk is an American actor and former wrestler known to the public as Hulk Hogan. Bollea began his career in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Vincent James McMahon, the majority owner of the Capitol Wrestling Corporation at that time the parent company gave him the surname "Hogan." Formerly, he was forced to dye his hair red, but he says that when his hair began to fall, he wanted to retain his natural color, which would prove to be a crucial part of Hogan's character later in his career.
They quit ‘Tillet’s Territory’ for ‘Continental Wrestling Association’ (CWA) in Memphis when promoter Jerry Jarrett offered them $800 a week.
In 1979, Vincent McMahon gave him an opportunity to join WWF. In his first match at WWF, he defeated Harry Valdez. His first big match with Andre the Giant happened in 1980 in which Hogan was defeated.
He is currently working for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) where he acts as general manager of Impact Wrestling on Thursday evening on Spike Tv. Hogan became the first winner of the "International Wrestling Grand Prix", defeating the Japanese fighter Antonio Inoki by knockout in the final of a tournament of 10 fighters from all over the world who were considered as some of the best in their respective countries on 2 June 1983. Hogan won the WWF Championship, defeating The Iron Sheik at Madison Square Garden as the first man to escape from the Camel Clutch on 23 Jan 1984.
Hogan won the Royal Rumble. Without a hunt, he started a fight with the Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior, culminating in a title vs. title match at WrestleMania VI, in which Warrior won both titles on 25 January 1990. At WrestleMania VII, Hogan defeated Sgt. Slaughter, to win his third WWF Championship. Afterward, Hogan started a contest against The Undertaker losing the WWF Championship in Survivor Series due to interference from Ric Flair. Hogan won by pinning Yokozuna to grab the” fifth WWF Championship” the moments after Yokozuna thrashed to “Bret Hart”.Hulk Hogan won the SummerSlam 2005 and SummerSlam 2006 championships. Hogan won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship in his debut defeating Ric Flair. Hulk Hogan won his second “ WCW World Heavyweight Championship” by defeating wrestler “Giant” in 1996. Hogan won his “Sixth WCW Championship” against the fighter “Savage” in July 1999.
He defeated Vince McMahon in ‘WrestleMania XIX’ in 2003, which left Vince furious. Subsequently, he made Hogan sit out the remainder of his contract. Hogan disguised himself as Mr. America and debuted on SmackDown, after which Vince McMahon made several unsuccessful attempts to reveal his true identity.
After the SmackDown show went off-air, Mr. America took off his mask to reveal his true identity and quit the WWE show in 2003.
He was born to Pietro “Peter” Bollea and Ruth V. Bollea. He has 2 brothers named Allan Bollea and Kenneth Wheeler. He was married to Linda Hogan from 1983 to 2009. Together the couple had a son named Nick Hogan and a daughter named Brooke Hogan. He is currently married to Jennifer Mcdaniel.
- May 5 Brooke Hogan's Birthday (Daughter)
- July 27 Nick Hogan's Birthday (Son)
- December 18, 1983, Hulk Hogan and Linda Marie Claridge tied the knot on 18-12-1983.
- On July 28, 2009, Hulk Hogan and Linda Marie got divorced on 28-07-2009.
- December 14, 2010, Hulk Hogan and Jennifer McDaniel tied the knot on 14-12-2010.
Ranked No. 1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1991
Ranked No. 1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the PWI Years in 2003
Ranked No. 44 and No. 57 of the top 100 tag teams of the PWI Years with Antonio Inoki and Randy Savage in 2003
Match of the Year (1988) vs. André the Giant at The Main Event I
Match of the Year (2002) vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 18
Hogan is a one-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion
Hogan won IWGP League Tournament (1983)
Hogan won MSG Tag League Tournament (1982, 1983) with Antonio Inoki
Hogan is a one-time NWA Southeastern Heavyweight Champion (Northern Division)
Hogan is a two-time NWA Southeastern Heavyweight Champion (Southern Division)
Hogan is a six-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion
Hogan is a one-time WWE Tag Team Champion with Edge
Hogan is a six-time WWF/E (Undisputed) World Heavyweight Champion
Hogan won Royal Rumble (1990, 1991)
Hogan is a two-time WWE Hall of Fame (2 times)
Class of 2005 – individually
Class of 2020 – as a member of the nWo
|Hair Colour||White (Half Bald)|
|Bike Collections||NWO HARD-TAIL CUSTOM CHOPPER, ARLEN NESS DOUBLE-WIDE GLIDE CUSTOM CHOPPER, and CUSTOM HARLEY among others|
DODGE CHARGER SRT-8, CHEVROLET TAHOE, ROLLS-ROYCE PHANTOM VI, DODGE CHALLENGER SRT DEMON, and DODGE VIPER RT/10
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Hulk Hogan
- He holds the distinction of being the first professional wrestler to be featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine.
- He received his nickname "Hulk" after taking part in a talk show hosted by Lou Ferrigno.
- At the age of twelve, he was 6 feet tall as well as weighed 195 pounds.
- He first started watching professional wrestling when he was 16 years old. He often used to attend wrestling events at the Tampa Sportatorium.
- Before he decided to become a wrestler, he was an aspiring musician. He played fretless bass guitar for about a decade in various Florida-based music bands.
- In January 1984, he won his first WWF World Heavyweight Championship as he defeated The Iron Sheik at the iconic Madison Square Garden. In the match, he also created history by becoming the first man to have escaped the camel clutch (The Iron Sheik’s finishing move).
- In 2005, he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.