Ed Sheeran Age, Height, Biography 2022 Wiki
Ed Sheeran is a popular English singer and songwriter, who has conquered the hearts of people all over the globe with his melodic sound. He is an unusual rapper and actor as well.
Ed Sheeran Biography
His complete name is Edward Christopher Sheeran. Sheeran’s parents Imogen and John are from London and his brother whose name is Matthew works as a composer. His grandparents are Irish and his father had a very big catholic family. Ed Sheeran started singing when he was just four years old. He sang for the church choir and his school.
Edward Christopher "Ed" Sheeran is a famous English singer and songwriter, who has won the hearts of people all over the world with his melodic voice. He is an occasional rapper and actor as well. His popularity increased especially after the release of his first album ‘+’ and after a guest appearance was made by him on Taylor Swift's fourth studio album 'Red.’ He began recording music in 2004. His first work 'Spinning Man' was released independently. After moving to London from Suffolk in 2008, he used to play in small venues and also released the EP ‘You Need me’ in 2009. While in London, he also auditioned for a British musical drama television series ‘Britannia High.’ His debut album '+' was released in September 2011. Having sold 791,000 copies in the UK by the end of the year, it stood as the ninth bestselling album there. It was also reviewed positively by critics. The next year he won the 2012 Brits awards for Best British Male Solo Artist and British Breakthrough Act of the Year. His songs slowly started gaining more popularity and were widely appreciated by the public. Sheeran's song, ‘Give Me Love’, got featured in the episode ‘Dangerous Liaisons’ of the well-known American TV series ‘The Vampire Diaries.’ It was also featured in an episode of the sitcom ‘Cougar Town.’
Biography / Wiki :-
|Real Name||Ed Sheeran|
|Known Name||Ed Sheeran|
|Date of Birth||17 February 1991|
|Age||30 years ( as of 2022)|
|Birthplace||Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, England|
|Hometown||Framlingham, Suffolk, England|
|Current Residence||Framlingham, Suffolk, England|
|Profession||Singer-songwriter, Musician, Actor|
Having sold 791,000 copies in the UK by the end of the year, it was the ninth bestselling album there. It was also reviewed undoubtedly by critics. The following year he won the 2012 Brits awards for Best British Male Solo Artist and British Breakthrough Act of the Year. His songs gradually began gaining more fame and were widely recognized by the public. Sheeran’s song, ‘Give Me Love’, got featured in the episode ‘Dangerous Liaisons’ of the well-known American TV series ‘The Vampire Diaries.’ It was also highlighted in an episode of the sitcom ‘Cougar Town.’
|Mother's Name||Imogen Lock (Jewellery Designer)|
|Father's Name||John Sheeran (Art curator and Lecturer)|
|Brother||Matthew Sheeran (Older) (Classical Composer)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Taylor Swift (2013)
• Ellie Goulding (2013)
• Athina Andrelos (2014-2015)
• Barbara Palvin (2015)
• Nicole Scherzinger (2015)
• Cherry Seaborn (2015-Present)
Marital Status, Wife, and Children
Daughter- Lyra Antarctica
Wife: Cherry Seaborn
|School||Thomas Mills High School, Suffolk, England|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, record producer, musician|
|Brands Endorsed||Beats Solo2 commercial|
|Career Manager||Stuart Camp of Rocket Music|
- Ed Sheeran released two albums: one named after himself in 2006, and another one named ‘Want Some?’ in 2007. In 2008, he moved to London. He usually played at small venues, and later he also entered into collaboration with Leddra Chapman, an English songwriter, and musician. He also spent some time at the reputed Academy of Contemporary Music, in Guildford, Surrey, England.
- He went to Los Angeles in April 2010 for a poetry night. After his performance, Jamie Foxx, the famous American actor, and comedian, who was quite impressed by him, allowed him to use his recording studio. Slowly Sheeran’s fan base started growing both online and offline. Later he self-released two Extended Plays: ‘Ed Sheeran: Live at the Bedford’ and ‘Songs I wrote with Amy.’
- He released another Extended Play ‘No. 5 Collaborations Project’ in January 2011. It also starred rappers such as James Davlin and Richard Cowie. It received mixed reviews from critics but was popular with the listeners.
- In April 2011, he made an appearance in the TV music show ‘Later… with Jools Holland to perform his debut single, ‘The A Team’ which was released later as a digital download. It became a huge hit, selling over 58,000 copies in the first week itself. It also became one of the top ten songs in several countries such as Australia, Japan, Norway, and New Zealand.
- His second single ‘You need me, I don’t need You’, which was released in August 2011, also became quite popular. His third single ‘Lego Single’ did well too, reaching the top five in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, and the UK. It also entered the top 50 in several other countries.
- It was after the release of his album ‘+’ (plus) on September 12, 2011, that he rose to international fame. It stood at number one in several countries. Within six months, it sold 1,021,072 copies in the UK alone. It also reached the top five in several countries. His amazing performance impressed Taylor Swift, and she later worked with him on a single ‘Everything Has Changed.’
- He released his second album ‘x’ (multiply) on 23 June 2014. It featured tracks produced by the well-known American record producer Rick Rubin and professional rapper Benny Blanco. It peaked at number one not only in the UK Albums Chart but in the US Billboard 200 as well.
- In December 2016, he announced that he was returning with his third album ‘÷’ (divide), which would be released on 3 March 2017.
|2015||Favorite Male Artist||Winner|
|2018||Best Pop Solo Performance||Winner|
|2018||Best Pop Vocal Album||Winner|
|2016||Song of the Year||Winner|
|2016||Best Pop Solo Performance||Winner|
|Favorite Food||Bangers and Mash|
|Favorite Actor||Chuck Norris|
|Favorite TV Show||The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air|
|Favorite Hobbies||Doing gigs, writing songs, playing sports|
|Favorite Musician Band||The Beatles, Van Morisson, Backstreet Boys,
Paramore and Eminem
Ed Sheeran was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire. His initial childhood home was on Birchcliffe Road in nearby Hebden Bridge. His father was a librarian at Cartwright Hall in Bradford and his mother served at Manchester City Art Gallery.
In December 1995 he went with his family from Hebden Bridge to Framlingham in Suffolk. He has an older brother called Matthew, who serves as a composer. Sheeran’s parents, John and Imogen, are from London. His paternal grandparents are Irish, and Sheeran has said that his father is from a “very large” Catholic family.
John is an art curator and lecturer, and Imogen is a culture publicist trained jewelry designer. His parents managed Sheeran Lock, an independent art consultancy, from 1990 to 2010.
Sheeran sang at a neighborhood church choir at the age of four, got how to work the guitar at age eleven, and started writing songs while at Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham. A 2004 school report described him as a “natural performer”, and his classmates also declared him “most likely to be famous”.
He was believed at the National Youth Theatre in London as a teenager. He famously auditioned for Youth Music Theatre UK in 2007 and registered their production of Frankenstein in Plymouth. He is a patron of Youth Music Theatre UK (now renamed British Youth Music Theatre) and of Access to Music, where he studied Artist Development.
Sheeran is a second cousin of Northern Irish broadcaster Gordon Burns, who hosted the British game show The Krypton Factor.
In early 2011, after obtaining recording and publishing deals, Sheeran purchased and restored a farm near Framlingham, Suffolk, where he was grown. He has said that he hopes to build a family there. During 2013, he resided between Hendersonville, Tennessee, and Los Angeles, California. In 2014, he got a house in South London.
Sheeran was in a connection with Scottish singer-songwriter Nina Nesbitt (who was in his music video for “Drunk”) in 2012, before breaking up. Nesbitt is the subject of Sheeran’s songs “Nina” and “Photograph”, while most of Nesbitt’s album, Peroxide, is about Sheeran.
In January 2014, Sheeran was in a relationship with Athina Andrelos, who operates for chef Jamie Oliver. She is the thought of Sheeran’s song “Thinking Out Loud”. They split up in February 2015. He is also close friends with singer-songwriter Taylor Swift and colluded on her albums Red and Reputation.
Since July 2015 Sheeran has been in a relationship with a childhood friend and former secondary school classmate Cherry Seaborn. They declared their engagement in January 2018 and were married in January a year later. She is the notion of the song “Perfect”.
It was reported on 12 August 2020 that the couple was awaiting their first child. On 1 September, Sheeran announced on Instagram that Seaborn had given birth to a baby girl named Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran the previous week.
Sheeran is a fan of his local football club Ipswich Town F.C. A collector of Panini’s FIFA World Cup sticker album, he completed the 2014 World Cup album. Performing as a guest on BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs on 7 May 2017, Sheeran chose His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman as his book of choice, and a lifetime amount of ketchup as the one inanimate luxury item that he would take with him on a desert island.
Net Worth, House & Cars:-
|Net Worth||$57 million|
|Monthly Salary / Income||$1 Million|
|House Address||Ed Sheeran
Rocket Music Management
1 Blythe Road
London W14 0HG
Aston Martin DB9.
Mercedes Benz R Class.