Devi Shetty Biography, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Caste, Wiki & More
Dr Devi Prasad Shetty is a renowned Indian philanthropist and cardiac surgeon, known for conducting over 15,000 heart operations to date.
Devi Shetty was born on 08-05-1953 in Mangalore in the state of Karnataka, India. He is an Indian Doctor, Chairperson & Founder of Narayana Health.
Devi Shetty Complete Bio & Career
Honors & Awards
|AWARD NAME||AWARD CATEGORY||RECEIPT YEAR||RECEIPT FIELD|
|Padma Shri||Civilian Award||2004||Medicine|
|Padma Bhushan||Civilian Award||2012||Medicine|
For his contribution to the field of Medicine, he has been conferred with several awards, and most notable of them being Padma Shri Award and Karnataka Ratna Award.
Devi Shetty Family, Relatives and Other Relations
He is married to Shakuntala. Together the couple is blessed with 4 sons named Anish Shetty, Mr. Viren Shetty, Ameya Shetty, Varun Shetty.
Life's Important Dates Of Devi Shetty
I Will Update Soon.
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (Semi Bald)|
|Address||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|College||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
Guy's Hospital, London
|Net Worth||$1 Billion|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Devi Shetty
- Shetty has signed an MOU with the Karnataka Government during the Global Investor's meet to build a 1000 crore 5,000 bed super specialty hospital near the Bangalore International Airport.
- He has performed over 15,000 heart operations.
- Yeshasvini is the world's cheapest comprehensive health insurance scheme, at Rs.10 per month, designed by Shetty and the Government of Karnataka for the poor farmers of the state.
- Won 2011 The Economist Innovation Awards for the Business process field.
- Dr.Shetty is the first heart surgeon in India to perform neo-natal open-heart surgery, the first surgeon in India to use an artificial heart, and many others.